Setting up an email might be lengthy but is not tedious if you know the correct steps. A good thing about email setup is that the steps for setting up most email accounts are more or less the same so that you won’t be experiencing any issues. Until and unless you set up your Email, you won’t access the emails present in your inbox. Find out how to set up an email on most common platforms, such as Windows, Mac, and Android, to successfully log into your email account to access the emails.
How To Setup And Login To Email On Windows?
The default email on a Windows computer is Windows 10 Mail, so you will have to use it to set up your Email.
- Click on the ‘Start‘ button to launch Windows 10 Mail and click on ‘Mail.’
- As the application opens, choose the ‘Settings’ icon (the one with the cogwheel) from the menu located at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you need to choose ‘Manage Accounts‘ from the settings menu.
- Find and click the option named ‘Add Account.’
- Type in your email address and Password, and then select ‘Advanced Setup‘ from the list of varied account types.
- Select the ‘Internet Email’ option to set up your email account details.
- Provide information in the following fields:
- Account Name – Enter your email address.
- Your Name – Enter a name that you wish your contacts to see upon receiving emails from your ID.
- Incoming Email Server – You can get this information from the email provider’s website.
- Account Type – Choose a protocol, preferably IMAP.
- Email Address – Enter your email address.
- Username – Enter your email address again.
- Password – Enter the password for your email address.
- Outgoing Email Server (SMTP) – You can get this information from the email provider’s website.
- Ensure that the four checkboxes at the end of the form are checked.
Now, you need to click ‘Sign in’ to move on to the next stage.
- Now, your Email has been successfully set up on Windows 10 Mail. Click the ‘Done‘ button and start sending and receiving emails in your email account.
If you are looking to log in to AOL mail, you will have to enter the incoming server details and outgoing server details concerning AOL email. If you want to know everything about setting up and logging into AOL email, you can click here.
How To Configure And Login To Your Email On Android Device?
With the Android system, you have two ways to configure an email account; it depends on an already current version or if none is set.
We will first present how to add an account for a device that already has an account configured (then that after specific steps, the two methods are combined).
- In the Email application, you must click on “Accounts,” the list of accounts is presented. Press “Menu” and “Add account.”
When you do not have an account configured, you must start here:
- In the Applications menu, select Email.
- Enter your Email address and Password, then select “Manual.”
- For the Account type, choose “IMAP” (recommended).
- In the “Incoming server parameters,” add the following elements:
- Email address – Enter your email address
- Username – Enter the first part of your email address
- Password – Enter the Password of your Email.
- IMAP Server – Enter the IMAP server details, which you can find on the email provider’s website.
- Security type – Select “SSL“
- Port number – Make sure the Port is “993“. Press “Next.”
- Select ‘OK‘ if you receive a message regarding additional security features.
- In the Outgoing server settings dialog box, add the below-mentioned elements:
- SMTP server – Find out what an SMTP server is by going to the email provider’s website. If you are setting up Bellsouth email, you should enter the server details concerning Bellsouth. Follow this link to know complete information on setting up and logging into Bellsouth email.
- Security type – Select “SSL (Accept all certificates).”
- Port number – Make sure the Port is “465“.
- The “Require connection” field must be checked.
- In Username, enter a name for this account and indicate the name to display for your recipients when sending messages.
- Press Done.
Tip: After your account is set up, you might need to wait 10 to 15 minutes before it is possible for you to send or receive emails.
How to set up and log in to your Email on iOS?
You can easily set up an email on your iOS device, iPhone, or iPad. If you are looking to set up and log into Roadrunner email on iPhone, you can click here to know all the details.
Here is how you can configure and login to your Email help:
- Go to ‘Settings‘ of your phone followed by ‘Passwords & AccouAccounts, tap ‘Add Account’ followed by choosing your email provider.
- Type in your email address and its Password.
- Tap ‘Next‘ and wait until the Mail verifies your account.
- From your email account, choose information such as ‘Contacts or Calendars.
- Tap ‘Save.’
How to manually set up and log in to your Email on iOS?
- Go to ‘Settings‘ of your phone followed by ‘Passwords & Accounts, tap ‘Add Account‘ followed by choosing your email provider.
- Type in your email address, Password, and description of your email account.
- Tap’ Next‘ and see Mail finding the email settings, and completing the account setup. Once the email settings are found, tap ‘Done‘ to terminate the account setup.
- If the email settings are not found automatically, choose IMAP or POP for a new account.
- Enter the information for incoming and outgoing email servers by tapping ‘Next.’
- If email settings are correct, tap ‘Save.’
How to set up and log in to your Email on a Mac computer?
If you are using a Mac computer, you can launch Mac Mail to set up and log into your email account. Here is how you can perform the process:
- Open ‘Mac Mail,’ then go to the ‘Mail‘ menu and click on ‘Preferences.’
- Click ‘Accounts‘ in the ‘Preferences’ window.
- Click the ‘+‘ sign to create a new account.
- From the dropdown menu, select ‘POP‘ and enter your email-related details, such as user name and email address.
- Select ‘Add Server‘ from the Outgoing Mail Server dropdown.
- Now, enter the server information related to Outgoing Mail.
- Click ‘OK‘
If you are using the SBCGlobal email, you will have to check the ‘Log on using‘ button, followed by entering your user name, password, and outgoing server (SMTP) details. Find out more information on how to configure and log in to your SBCGlobal Email on Mac Mail.
Now that you know how to set up and log in to your Email on different platforms, you should try doing the process yourself. If you encounter an issue, always keep in mind that you have the best email login help providers available at your disposal round the clock.