Today, we are going to discuss the steps to configure charter mail on Microsoft outlook 2007 and its later versions. If you have subscribed to the charter communication services, then you can easily use your spectrum username as a name for your Charter Email address.
The information, which we are going to provide today will help all those users who are using Microsoft outlook 2007 and its higher versions in their devices. Read all the contents carefully by paying extra attention to all the steps individually. If you are able to configure it by own, then you can easily sign onto Charter Com Login from the device.
Important : One thing important to mention here is that when you log into your outlook, then you must enter the complete spectrum username along with @charter.net symbol as well. Yes, if you have changed the Charter Email Login password, then you need to enter the changed password in the outlook account otherwise, the credential details will mismatch and you won’t be able to use mail from outlook program.
Automatic account setup: If you want to add a new account in the Microsoft outlook 2010, 2007, and its later versions, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click on ‘file’ tab.
- Click on ‘info’ from the drop down menu opened in the bottom left of the screen and click to ‘add account’.
- Enter the following information in the various fields:
- Your name: Enter the name, which you want to get it displayed on the sent screen.
- Email address: Your email address must be complete in all aspects. It must be followed by spectrum charter.net suffix.
- Password: Enter the mail password carefully in this field.
- Re-enter the password to confirm it before submission.
- Click on ‘next’ to move further. At the end click on ‘finish’ to complete the setup process.
- In case, the auto setup does not proceed successfully then, you need to configure it manually.
Steps to set up an account manually are:
- First of all, click on ‘manual settings’ or additional server types to configure the account manually.
- Follow on-screen instructions to finish the process. In the case of any help, you can also visit the Microsoft support page.
- Now comes the server settings. The settings to be done at server end are:
- Incoming mail server: mobile.charter.net
- Outgoing mail server information: mobile.charter.net.
- Port numbers. To select the port number, go to ‘more settings’ from the information page and select the outgoing server tab from the list of servers.
- Click on ‘my outgoing server authentication’ checkbox to enable it.
- Use similar settings as used for the incoming mail server.
- Go to the advanced tab and enter the information in the required box.
- Under incoming port, use 993 port number and for outgoing server, use 587 as a port number. In case of any help, you can also contact Charter Email Support page.
- Under security encryption, select ‘None’.
Now click on ‘test account settings’ to validate the configured email settings.
Outlook 2007 : To configure email on outlook 2007, follow the following steps.
- Go to ‘Account settings’ from the tool tab under outlook program.
- Enter the account details in the provided box carefully.
- Enter the spectrum username in the ‘Your name’ field and click on ‘next’.
- Enter your email address in the E-mail address box followed by Charter.net.
- Enter charter mail password in the password box. Enter it twice to confirm it. For any type of Charter Help, you can contact the support center.
- Click on ‘finish’ to complete the setup process.
- If the auto account setup process doesn’t pass, then you can configure the mail manually.
- For any assistance, you may contact the Microsoft support page.