If you are an SBCGlobal email account user and access the email from your laptop or computer, then there’s good news for you. You can now access the same email from the Android OS devices regardless of smartphone or tablet. There is no need to carry the hard bag along with you while traveling across the country as you can send or receive the email from the smartphone itself. Now, you might be wondering to know the steps for configuring the email on an Android device. Well, we are going to discuss the steps in the coming up passages.
If you are using the Android OS version lesser than 4.0, then you will have to first update it to the next version. After performing the update, you can continue with the SBCGlobal configuration.
- Open the ‘Apps’ section from the home screen of your smartphone.
- Go to ‘mail’.
- Select the ‘Accounts’ and click on ‘Add a new account’
- Enter the details of your SBCGlobal email account like the email address, password, and incoming and outgoing server settings.
- You will be told to enter the password again to confirm the settings.
- The password must match the one you use to login to the webmail from the browser.
- You will get a ‘Successfully configured’ message on the screen as soon as the settings get verified.
- Click ‘Manual setup’ from the next screen.
The manual settings for the SBCGlobal email are discussed here as under:
- Server type: IMAP or POP3.
- Username: This is the email address of the SBCGlobal email account.
- POP3 server: Enter pop.att.yahoo.com.
- Port number: It is 995.
- Go to SMTP settings and press ‘Smtp.SBCGlobal.com.
- Open the SBCGlobal email account again from the app menu and check if the login page appears or not.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Go to the ‘Secure connection option’ and enable ‘SSL’ for the email account. The advantage of enabling the SSL for the email account can be read online from the ‘SSL help’ page.
Now, if you are not being able to read or send the email from the Android device, then check the data pack available on the device. If there is no data quota available for the day, then you can’t access the email. You can either connect to a Wi-Fi network or recharge the data plan.
On the completion of the email setup, you will find a page displaying the terms and conditions. Click on the box given next to ‘Agree to terms and conditions’ and press ‘Next’. This is the end of the setup. After this, you can start experiencing the same email interface on your Android device as on the computer or laptop.
Also, read – How to fix SBCGlobal Email issue on iPhone?