The modern era works online and with Globalization, most of the conversation takes place with the help of mails. Roadrunner Email is another similar path where one can create an account and connect to people located at different corners of the world.
However, if you are facing ‘SSL error’ while accessing your Roadrunner mails, then it can be solved by following some easy steps mentioned below.
Before you start with the process, you should understand why you are facing this Error. Well, there are a few reasons such as the date and time on your computer is not accurate. Secondly, there is anti-virus software, which is acting as a hindrance in the performance of mailing or lastly, your SSL certification needs an update.
What happens when this error flash on your computer screen?
Primarily, Roadrunner will try to establish a connection with your network and this will be interrupted, followed by a message of ‘SSL error’ or ‘Feature not Available’. Apparently, you can try to reach your email inbox through numerous devices but you will be getting the same message flashing on the screen. In some cases, you may get a RED text that appears on the left-hand side of your screen.
Things to do to get rid of the ‘SSL error’ problem in the Roadrunner email account.
- Go to the ‘SMTP’ setting on your RR email account. If you have Microsoft Outlook installed on your device then check that the ‘SMTP Server Setting’ is towards SSL.
- Now, if you cannot turn on the SSL option, it means that it is disabled. So now, change the port number of Roadrunner Email Account from current to 487.
Troubleshooting of ‘SSL error’ from your Roadrunner Email:
Once, you see the ‘SSL Error’ on your PC screen, you need to perform the following steps:-
- Go to the web browser and open the Roadrunner Email page.
- Now, open new tabs go to the ‘Menu’ and then, ‘Setting’ of your web browser.
- Move to ‘Advanced’ Setting and look-up under the option ‘Privacy’ for ‘Content Setting’.
- Next, move to ‘Cookies’ and search for ‘Allow Local Data’ option. Make sure that it is enabled.
- After completing the above procedure, click ‘Done’.
Types of SSL error:-
- SSL certification not trusted: Usually, the error appears when your browser considers the URL is not trustworthy. This error can be removed by installing the SSL certificates from the Roadrunner website.
- Mismatched SSL certification: This happens when there is a fault with your DNS or the entered keyword has wrong spelling.
- Connection Error or Protocol Error with SSL: For this error to be resolved, choose the below-mentioned solutions.
- Clear SSL present mode.
- Disable or remove the extension.
- Update time.
- Delete the host file.
- Disable QUIC protocol.
- Check firewall settings.
Certainly, the above-mentioned points will resolve the issues related to the ‘SSL error’ of your Time Warner Cable Login. However, if you need further assistance, simply connect the Roadrunner Email helpline.