The modern era works online, and with Globalization, most of the conversation takes place with the help of mail. Roadrunner Email is another similar path where one can create an account and connect to people from different corners of the world. However, if you are facing an ‘SSL error’ in the roadrunner email while accessing your Roadrunner mails, then it can be solved by following some easy steps mentioned below.
Before starting the process, you should understand why you are facing this Error. There are a few reasons, such as your computer’s inaccurate date and time. Secondly, there is anti-virus software, which is acting as a hindrance in the performance of mailing lastly, your SSL certification needs an update.
What happens when this error flashes on your computer screen?
Primarily, Roadrunner will try to establish a connection with your network, which will be interrupted, followed by a message of ‘SSL error’ or ‘Feature not Available.’ You can try to reach your email inbox through numerous devices, but you will get the same message flashing on the screen. Sometimes, you may get a RED text on your screen’s left-hand side.
To eliminate the ‘SSL error’ problem in the Roadrunner email account.
- Go to the ‘SMTP’ setting on your RR email account. If you have Microsoft Outlook installed on your device, check that the SMTP Server Setting is towards SSL.
- Now, if you cannot turn on the SSL option, it is disabled. So directly, change the port number of the Roadrunner Email Account from current to 487.
Troubleshooting of ‘SSL error’ from your Roadrunner Email:
Once you see the ‘SSL Error’ on your PC screen. You need to perform the following steps:-
- Go to the web browser and open the Roadrunner Email page.
- Now, open new tabs, go to the ‘Menu’ and then ‘Setting’ of your web browser.
- Move to ‘Advanced’ Setting and look under the option ‘Privacy’ for ‘Content Setting.’
- Next, move to ‘Cookies’ and search for the ‘Allow Local Data’ option. Make sure that it is enabled.
- After completing the above procedure, click ‘Done.’
Types of SSL errors:-
- SSL certification not trusted: Usually, the error appears when your browser considers the URL is not trustworthy. This error can be removed by installing the SSL certificates from the Roadrunner website.
- Mismatched SSL certification: This happens when there is a fault with your DNS, or the entered keyword has the wrong spelling.
- Connection Error or Protocol Error with SSL: For this error to be resolved, choose the below-mentioned solutions.
- Transparent SSL present mode.
- Disable or remove the extension.
- Update time.
- Delete the host file.
- Disable QUIC protocol.
- Check firewall settings.
Indeed, the points mentioned above will resolve the issues related to the ‘SSL error’ of your Time Warner Cable Login. However, if you need further assistance, simply connect to the Roadrunner Email helpline.
Also – Read to know about how to configure the Roadrunner email on Android and iOS device